Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Well took me a year!

Well it took me almost an entire year to figure out how to post from over here in Afghanistan.  Yeah, because of being over here, the blogger site puts all the text into Dari, the native language (and Pashto too) over here, but figured it out, so I guess I will continue my "stories" and my trials and tribulations of training on here.

Well I didn't exactly slack off over here on the training thing, had my good months and had my bad ones, like a 100+ mile running month, followed by a 30 mile month, but as of late, I have been a man on a mission.  That mission is to pick up where I left off, and improve my times, the bad part, I couldn't work on my worse event, swimming over here.  But the secret weapon over here is that I have been training at altitude for the year.  Not sure if that will help over the year, but running at 4900 feet HAS to do something for me.

But in the next few days, I am going to lay out my race schedule, a'la last year, and since I raced more over here in Afghanistan than in the states, might do a quick recap of those races (some were kinda fun!)

And since I have been here too, I have logged ONE mile on a treadmill, and it drove me nuts!  So despite the dust, heat, mud, snow and rain, I choose to run outside, much nicer that way.  I mean, we have mountains all around us, it truly is beautiful as all get out here, but I do have to ride indoors, mainly because I don't have a bike here, but only get to about 15 miles before I go insane!  Can't wait to hit the wide open roads in Kansas soon!

But it's good to be back, and now that I have this whole language thing figured out, I'll be better at blogging here now!

Laters peeps!


No comments: