Monday, February 28, 2011

Nice Weekend!

Well talk about your nice weekends! Saturday, Jen and I rode out to Vass and picked up her new pistol, and then I got to go to Cary to pick up my new bike. BTW, make sure you update your GPS, or it WILL play a trick on you and have you drive 7 miles out of your way, just to turn you around and send you in the right direction. Awesome.

But I arrived at Inside Out Sports (which will now be referred to as "My Tri Mecca"), because once I walked in, I was blown away by the selection they had in there. Wow, too bad it is a almost 2 hour ride to get up there! But Justin helped fit me on my new Quintana Roo Tequilo and even helped fix my form up a little bit. Needless to say, my form kinda sucks, but hope the little hints and tweaks help. I even took the new ride for a quick spin to test it out, so no major faults, guess it was time to check out. But OF COURSE, I had to shop a little bit while up there, and found a few things that I needed.

Decided to take the new bike out for a longer shakedown ride, and boy was that painful. Rode the Longstreet Range loop, a nice 26 mile rolling hill ride, and despite having the bike fitted to me, my nether regions we NOT fit for the task. OUCH! Despite the minor rub (read: hamburger like consistence) down under, the bike was sweet, but still have to get used to aero, but while in aero, I get at least 3 mph fast (and into a headwind no less), so that has me excited for racing it later in March.

All in all, not too bad, even helped the wife with some gardening, vacuumed the car out, it was a nice weekend.

Workouts for this week:
Monday - 3 mile run, nice and easy 8:00-8:30 pace
Tuesday - 3 mile run - 7:30-8:00 min pace; swim 1000-1300 yds
Wednesday - 5 mile run
Thursday - 3 mile run - 7:30-8:00 min pace; swim 1000-1300 yds
Friday - Off
Saturday - 8 mile Long, slow Run; Swim 1600yds
Sunday - 16 mile bike; 3 mile run (Brick); T2 practice

Pictures of the new bike (Elenor) to follow! Enjoy your week!

No comments: