Wednesday, March 7, 2012

After a little down time...I'm back!

Well, February came and went, didn't get much done running as I went back to Michigan for a death in the family and a day after that, we got 7 inches of snow that partially melted and refroze, so not much on the running side of life.  Aside from wreaking my ankle on a patch of ice (on the far end of a 4 mile out-and-back to boot!), I am back up and running, more or less this month. 

After we got back to Kansas, the temps were in the 60's and higher, so sore ankle and all, I was outside most of the days and even rode a nice 24 miler on the bike.  I do have a few more longer rides scheduled, but with the last 4 days of freaky wind (15-30 with gusts up to 40 mph!, run Toto, run!) I have not risked going out on a ride.  Even running in the wind is killing me.  Ran for over a mile into a headwind on a 4 mile run, and was completely out of it for most of the day, ugggg!

And since I have been on the bike, I am thinking of doing a crit or road race on the bike before I head out at the end of this month for deployment, the only issue is that the races are about an hour and a half away, but we shall see what is what later this month!

So other than the layoff, I am good, gained a little weight at home, but lost it in a week back here, so that is a good thing, so just need to keep it up!

Better start working again!  Later everyone!

No comments: